40 weeks

Our October 1st Due Date has come and gone and no baby yet :( Only one day overdue now, but it's still a little disappointing since we have been so anxious and excited for his arrival. The doctor says that things are just progressing very slowly, which is not uncommon for a first mother and baby. Niether of us really know what to do.

The plan for now is that if nothing happens over the weekend we'll go into the hospital Monday night, October 6th, to start the process of getting induced. It will be a long weekend with sleepless nights but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and our baby will be here soon... and then we'll have a whole new kind of sleepless nights. In the meantime I am still trying to remain active. I have been walking as much as possible, trying to help things move along but in the last few days there have been some new pains and discomforts. I've just got this big baby in my belly now and simple tasks have become difficult. I'm just trying to remind myself that its only a matter of days now.

Picture below of me in the nursery... waiting :)